Ensure that the checklist before startup is filled in and all points are completed before
startup. If points are not completed inform the supervisor to fill in an NCR.
- Except for Gen 2 clean and set machine brake/valve block (in case of hydraulic elevators).
- Clean, Lubricate & Test the Over Speed Governor.
- Adjust the guide shoes/rollers.
- Adjust and lubricate the Safety Action Mechanism and test it according to the procedure.
- Check the Static Balancing
- Check correct over balance in the counterweight.
- Check and adjust the Final Limits if required.
- Check the running clearances.
- Drive cabin from car top to top of shaft and check that there is no interference between any moving part with anything in the shaft that might cause damage to the cabin, counterweight or any other piece of equipment.
- Drive the lift in inspection mode down the shaft, stop at every landing and check all bolts and fasteners for correct tightness.
- Introduce door skates and adjust doors. Adjust and set door locks.
- Park cabin halfway down the shaft, adjust the counterweight shoes or piston pulley bolts in case of hydraulic lift, and check all bolts for tightness.
- Check all rope clips, rope and traveling cable anchorages.
- Check and ensure that the breaking of any safety device contact stops the operation of the lift.
- Check electrical operation of car door. Set the door detector operation correctly.
- Connect the intercom and test it.
- Set all contact parameters in the controller and put the lift in normal operation.
- Set the Load Weighing System.
- Set the levels and the car and landing operations as per contract.
- Adjust the acceleration and deceleration and ride quality as per OTIS recommended standards in manual.
- Check the Hall Equipment operation. (Hall buttons, Indicators, Fireman, etc.)
- Complete New Installation Inspection Report, Field Test Data Report, Safety Check Report and Otis Safety Audit and send to the FOD Manager.
- To adhere to principles of the ACE/Service Excellence/internal controls.
- To strictly follow the company Code of Ethics and report any violation.
- To inspect, perform final adjustments and settings, test and commission elevators, escalators and moving walks (Travolator) and other equipment sourced by the company as per OTIS procedure.
- To follow company’s Safety Procedures without compromise.
- To follow company’s work Procedures.
- Should be able to interpret, understand and apply any official OTIS technical data or instructions, with minimum assistance from Superiors.
- Should be able to communicate in English and demonstrate motivation and a willingness to develop his skills and knowledge.
- Must have good discipline, a courteous manner, acceptable personal hygiene and be prompt in time keeping.
- Technical aptitude
- Should be both physically and mentally fit
- Should be able to read designs & drawings
- Should have good team spirit
This job is posted in the following Specialties
Job Location: Al Kuwait, Kuwait
Company Industry: Safety/Environment
Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
Job Role: Other
Employment Status: Full time
Employment Type: Employee
Monthly Salary Range: Unspecified
Number of Vacancies: 30
Career Level: Mid Career
Years of Experience: Min: 2 Max: 10
Residence Location: Unspecified
Degree: Certification / diploma
About This Company
UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a global provider of building technologies. Our fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilating, air-conditioning and refrigeration systems and services promote integrated, high-performance buildings that are safer, smarter and sustainable. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide. Purpose: We make the world a better place to live. We create and maintain comfortable, accessible, efficient, healthy, safe, secure and sustainable environments, and ensure the global food supply is transported and preserved for safe consumption.
Source : Bayt
Half day domestic ...
IT Support Enginee...
LOOKING FOR NANNY,...