With consumer demand for international retail brands growing dynamically in the Middle East and throughout our global markets, Alshaya is implementing a rapid growth strategy aiming to more than double its turnover of sales and retail coverage within the next three to five years. In order to achieve this ambitious goal, the company has made the decision to create the position of Business Director – H&M, a role based at Alshaya’s headquarters in Kuwait and reporting to the Vice-President H&M.
Alshaya is the first franchise collaboration for H&M globally and currently operates across 10 Markets in the MENA region. In 2014 more than 20m customers visited our H&M stores, over 5.5m transactions were made and internally we performed over 500 internal promotions. The Alshaya & H&M values form the foundation of an extremely fast paced business in a very matrix organization, providing ‘fashion and quality at the best price’.
Responsible for the entire operations of H&M, the Business Director – H&M will support the Alshaya plan to grow the H&M Division in 5 years up to 23 countries; venturing into online very soon with plans to include some additional brands in the existing portfolio.
– To drive and spearhead the H&M brand development in the MENA region
– To be fully accountable for the P&L delivery and growth of the brand
– To lead strategic brand development & business planning
– To lead and further develop a large and robust operations, VM, training etc. team
– To review performance of the brand’s objectives and standards
– To manage delivery of optimum ongoing sales and cost performance
– To maintain and develop H&M “host” brand/partner stakeholder relationships
– To be responsible for setting product and pricing strategies
– To manage the brand location and development strategy
– To provide team development and leadership
– 15-20 years gained in “fast” fashion wear retail environment, including a minimum of 10 years as a senior manager
– Strong operations, sales, VM, product and merchandising experience
– Full P&L accountability and delivery evidenced in high growth retail expansion environment
– Demonstrable experience of consistent employment in a global retail or franchise group
– Successful track record of multi-site retail management experience with strong international exposure
– Combination of very strong “hands-on” operational practice with robust people development skills
– Proven track record of management of multi-support function expertise ideally gained in matrix environments
Skills & Experience:
– Energetic and dynamic with high interpersonal skills
– An influential, inspirational proactive and trusted leader
– A proven track record of delivering success through teamwork
– Passion for customer service and retail
– Comfortable managing complexity in a very fast pace and profit driven environment
– Combination of “hands-on” operational knowledge with strong people development skills
– A confident communicator – very strong command of English a must (verbal and written)
About M.H. Alshaya:
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 3,000 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshaya’s stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 46,000 people from over 110 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.
SOURCE : KUWAITJOBS