Strategy & Planning
1. Commit time and leadership for the successful implementation of the school’s Board-approved strategic plan.
2. Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information systems and electronic data processing (EDP).
3. Meet as part of the Senior Management Team (SMT) to discuss inter departmental and school issues.
4. Coordinate the requisition order for the Department according to the budget set and submitting to the Supporting Services Director for final approval.
5. Coordinate the yearly inventory of all Department materials with the storekeeper and staff before submitting to the Supporting Services Director for final approval.
6. Maintain the School's Discipline Policy as set out in the Policy Document throughout the Department.
7. Ensure departmental staff development program is devised.
1. Oversee the IT Department team and ensure team effectiveness by monitoring team activities.
2. Monitor performance and training needs of subordinates in order to maximize their performance to achieve functional objectives.
3. Establish a willingness to be a “mentor” to his/her staff as well as encouraging their professional growth and career advancement.
4. Appreciate diverse views, cultures and individual needs within the team while managing variety of viewpoints to build consensus.
5. Motivate, inspire and reward others and proactively address conflicts.
6. Be recognized as a highly effective developer of people by making time to coach, mentor and develop others.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
1. Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems operations and development.
2. Oversee troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery and provide expert support when necessary.
3. Meet with the staff to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines.
4. Control the computer systems budgets and expenditures.
5. Manage and develop upgrades to the school’s telephone system.
6. Oversee all telephone changes, including routing for seating assignments.
7. Troubleshoot hardware, software and network operating system.
8. Provide orientation to new users of existing technology.
9. Train staff about new and potential uses of existing technology.
10. Provide individual training and support on request.
11. Provide recommendations about accessing information and support.
12. Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources.
13. Monitor and maintain technology to ensure maximum access.
14. Research current and potential resources and services.
15. Provide network access to all staff and students.
16. Provide network accounts and passwords as required.
17. Monitor security of all technology.
18. Maintain confidentiality in all matters relating to the school as well as being familiar with the requirements / routines and procedures.
Teamwork & Collaboration
1. Develop internal capabilities of the respective team members through the provision of necessary workshops and knowledge transfer.
2. Demonstrate awareness of workloads, offer help team members and take on additional tasks when appropriate.
3. Contribute to team discussion to share knowledge and offer ideas and solutions that can benefit the school.
4. Attend School Board meetings, when invited.
5. Attend weekly meetings with the Supporting Services Director.
1. Hire and manage information systems personnel and contractors to design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems.
2. Organize departmental monthly staff meetings with a prepared agenda distributed in advance and minutes distributed.
3. Oversee the punctuality of staff signing in sheets and taking appropriate action where necessary.
1. Stay at the forefront of technical staff issues, regulations and developments; in addition to maintaining all required qualification(s) and credentials.
2. Drive innovation through demonstration of advanced knowledge of technical information and concepts.
3. Offer ideas to enhance and enrich learning experience for staff and students through value creations, increased efficiency.
4. Provide input and recommend the continuous improvement of the team activities taking into account international best practices, changes in the business environment which demand proactive action plans in accordance with the Country’s rules and regulations associated with support services.
1. Bachelor Degree or equivalent, Master’s Degree in IT is preferable.
2. Computer certificates are essential.
3. A minimum of seven (7) years of experience if this field.
4. Be familiar with all hardware, software and network operating system.
5. Results Orientation, Coaching and Mentoring, Resources Management and Customer Service Orientation
6. Decision Making/ Problem Solving, Interpersonal and Communication
7. Teamwork and Cooperation and Time Management
8. Develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals
9. Project management, and budgeting
10. Communicate well with a variety of people
11. Manage multiple tasks successfully
12. Take initiative, make independent judgments/decisions
13. Identify and resolve complex problems and analyze data and draw conclusions.
This job is posted in the following Specialties:
Bachelor Degree or equivalent, Master’s Degree in IT is preferable.
Job Location: Al Kuwait, Kuwait
Company Industry: Education, Training, and Library
Company Type: Recruitment Agency
Job Role: Technology/IT
Employment Status: Full time
Employment Type: Employee
Monthly Salary Range: Unspecified
Number of Vacancies: 1
Career Level: Management
Years of Experience: Min: 7 Max: 15
Residence Location: Kuwait
Nationality: Algeria; Bahrain; Comoros;
Djibouti; Egypt; Iraq;
Jordan; Kuwait; Lebanon;
Libya; Mauritania; Morocco;
Oman; Palestine; Qatar;
Saudi Arabia; Somalia; Sudan;
United Arab Emirates; Yemen
Degree: Master's degree
About This Company
We, at Career Hunters, work closely with our client corporations to provide the best talent in today's competitive marketplace. By placing executives who wish to improve their career direction or seek lucrative opportunities in today's fast pace of life. Our specialization in Job analysis, helps us determing corporate requirements, towards employee characteristics which include, mental,physical and educational capabilities. In short, we surpass corporate requirements, in providing complete HR consultancy from Employee selection to Implementation and fallback. Being based in Kuwait, gives us the immediate knowledge of the region, the labour laws & ultimately the cultural background. Thus giving us the upper hand in providing proper and satisfactory results.
SOURCE : BAYT
Your Spare Time Ea...
EXPLORE VIETNAM HO...
DEDICATED TO SUPPL...