Journeyman Electrician (KBO)
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Responsible for coordinating and executing repairs, troubleshooting and preventive maintenance on including, but not limited to, indoor lighting systems, electrical systems and apparatus, main power distribution systems and panel boards, outdoor facility lighting, construction projects and HVAC systems. Responds to emergency power and back-up systems failures. Monitors and tests various electrical systems. Coordinates inspections for contractor performed work in renovations and new construction projects. Locates electrical underground electrical utilities for various projects. Ensures personnel exhibit superior workmanship and focuses on a quality end product. Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure all tasks are accomplished safely and with an emphasis on a quality. Provides direct mentorship for junior electricians. Verifies actual hours worked by personnel to accurately report manpower expenditure. Ensures personnel complete all tasks in accordance with local Safety, Environmental, and Health directives. Provides leadership and mentors junior personnel to develop appropriate skillsets. Addresses customer concerns in a prompt professional and courteous manner. Uses a Computer Maintenance Management System (Maximo) to correctly capture data related to maintenance work orders, preventative maintenance inspections, and emergency/urgent customer requests. Ensures personnel correctly capture data on maintenance work order requests and preventative maintenance inspection forms for upload into the Maximo database.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Coordinates and executes preventive and corrective maintenance troubleshooting and repairs on facility electrical systems and apparatuses
- Supervises inspections and repairs on Main Power Distribution Systems, Panel Boards and indoor/outdoor lighting systems
- Conducts project review and training assigned personnel
- Monitors and tests various electrical systems
- Oversees repair to line voltage for HVAC systems
- Responds to emergency power outages and back-up system failures
- Maintains accountability and serviceability of assigned tool sets and equipment
- Conducts tests and inspects equipment, services or processes to evaluate quality or performance
- Records and reports all faults, deficiencies, and other unusual occurrences, as well as the time and materials expended on work orders
- Ensure compliance with NEC, MEW, Performance Work Statement and applicable regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned
MATERIAL and EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- Operating knowledge of electrical meters, locaters, power tools and trade hand tools
- Operating knowledge of high lifts, bucket truck, boom truck and man lift required
- Operating knowledge of and experience with, personal computers and peripherals and typical office equipment, such as telephones, copier, fax machine, E-mail, etc. required
Duties will involve the conduct of work in the outdoors with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions including frequent dust storms, and high temperatures – up toF degrees in the summer months. Potential exposure to chemical or biological agents could exist. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in certain areas is required. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Normal work week is hours, but must be able to work overtime or shift as required.
Physical requirements include lifting, climbing, extended sitting or standing, or other physical efforts that are normally required. In addition, visual acuity, hearing and speaking requirements would be considered. Consider this section carefully; any physical requirements must be able to be tied back to the major job activities. Refer to the general physical requirement, physical activities, visual acuity, and working conditions checklist for more information.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Electrical Engineering or related filed preferred
- Education can be substituted with work experience on a year for year basis
- Must have a valid Journeyman’s Electrician License
- Must possess a driver’s license from country of origin for the purpose of obtaining a Military and/or Kuwait driver’s license
- Must be able to obtain Common Access Card (CAC)
- Approximately six (6) year’s experience on electrical installation, construction, maintenance and preventive maintenance.
- Must have an excellent understanding of all safety directives and polices regarding the operation of equipment
- Thorough knowledge of Electrical Codes
- Ability to manage multiple job sites and priorities
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator
- Must have basic computer skills
Will have direct oversight of Journeyman Electricians and Electrical Technicians
Primary Location: Kuwait
Clearance Level required at Start Date: SFP
Job Location: Kuwait
Company Industry: Aerospace and Defense
Company Type: Unspecified
Job Role: Support Services
Employment Status: Full time
Employment Type: Employee
Monthly Salary Range: Unspecified
Number of Vacancies: 1
Years of Experience: Unspecified
Residence Location: Unspecified
SOURCE : BAYT
Half day domestic ...
IT Support Enginee...
LOOKING FOR NANNY,...