Purchasing Specialist (APS)
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Assist in Purchase of necessary quantities of materials, equipment, supplies, and services at the most economical cost and/or best value, for delivery to the location specified on the purchase requisition with the duties. Performs market and industry trend analysis to expand and improve the supplier base and to determine availability of services, supplies equipment, and producers; benchmark industry for best usage practices and offer alternatives.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: Please list by order of priority and, if possible, provide the percentage of time spent on the activity all should equal%.
- Conducts market surveys, prepares commercial source requests for quotations, and initiates purchase orders for materials and services.
- Prepare procurement packages with supporting documentation.
- Responsible for checking order status with vendors and ensure orders are delivered promptly.
- Determining availability of ordered items and suggesting substitutes when necessary.
- Initiates adjustments with suppliers for replacement of materials not conforming to purchase specifications, return of material not acceptable as a result of defective, damaged, wrong quality/quantity or order cancellations and resultant charges and credits.
- Acts as the primary communication link with Vectrus functional Departments/Sections on mission procurement requirements.
- Provides timely, accurate, and relevant information to supervisor and customer.
- Maintain good working relations with the external and internal customers. Ability to be tactful and courteous with Government officials.
- Maintains an awareness of new materials, products, technical advances and sources of supply, by reviewing technical manuals and catalogs and interviewing suppliers representatives.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
MATERIAL and EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Office automation equipment to include desktop computer, printers, digital fax machine, shredder. Computer skills include a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Work is generally conducted in an office environment; however, duties may involve the conduct of work in the out-of-doors area with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions.
Work will require prolonged standing, prolonged sitting and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published company work rules.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS).
High school graduate or equivalent.
Must be proficient in English.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Must hold a current Driving License to drive sedans/light vehicles
Two years’ experience in commercial or governmental purchase, supply, or administration field.
Defense Industry experience; experience with business systems software systems; experience in customer service or purchasing areas.
Primary Location: Kuwait
Clearance Level required at Start Date: SFP
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Location: Kuwait
Company Industry: Aerospace and Defense
Company Type: Unspecified
Job Role: Purchasing/Procurement
Employment Status: Full time
Employment Type: Employee
Monthly Salary Range: Unspecified
Number of Vacancies: 1
Years of Experience: Unspecified
Residence Location: Unspecified
SOURCE : BAYT
SOURCE : BAYT
Half day domestic ...
IT Support Enginee...
LOOKING FOR NANNY,...