Post Your Topic
Abused On Facebook Category: Legal
Kuwaitlocal Kuwaitlocal

I would like to register a complaint against an expatriate living in Kuwait. This person harassed me by sending sexually abusive messages on my Facebook messenger. I received the messages from his end on May 26, 2016 at 6:20 UAE time.

He went on abusing me by sending the messages, I then blocked him and he was not in my friends list in Facebook and I know him personally as he was my ex-colleague in Abu Dhabi, UAE.

This guy was in India jobless for about 6 months, but as soon as he reached Kuwait he started sending the very objectionable sexually abusing messages to me in Facebook. We contacted him on Facebook but instead of apologizing he is cooking up stories which are not true.

I hope you help by guiding me in obtaining the necessary action against the above mentioned in order to refrain him from abusing me or someone else in the near future

Name withheld 
Answer: Please remember that you don’t need to file a complaint against this individual in Kuwait and can do so in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), which has very strong laws on the issue and doesn’t tolerate any kind of abuse on the social media.

As you are living in UAE, one of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) states all you need to do is file a complaint with the UAE Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TMA).

TMA will investigate your case and if it finds that your complaint is just, it will forward the same to police which will file a case. Once such a case involving a Kuwait resident has been filed, the UAE attorney general will forward the same to the Kuwait attorney general’s office.

According to GCC agreements, the case will be pursued by Kuwait authorities and legal action, if required, initiated against the person who is abusing you. He can’t get away with the abuse just because he is living in another country.

You can also lodge a complaint through the Ministry of Information, Kuwait, but without having anyone to pursue the matter in Kuwait it’s most likely you won’t get anywhere. So, it’s better you file a complaint with TMA and let them pursue the matter.

Source - Arab Times

Note - All the answers were provided by Arab Times Legal Clinic.

Report 0 13 Jun, 2016, 12:25 PM
0 1666
13 Jun, 2016, 12:25 PM
Posted Comments
Related Topics
Family Visa
Posted by: Kuwaitlocal
4414 0
28 Jun, 2016, 04:22 PM
Medical unfit
Posted by: Kuwaitlocal
4201 0
14 Jun, 2016, 06:40 PM
Calculation of annual leave sa...
Posted by: Kuwaitlocal
3340 0
11 May, 2016, 03:45 PM
Driving license renewal accoun...
Posted by: Kuwaitlocal
2938 0
07 May, 2016, 01:43 PM
Locally transferred from artic...
Posted by: Kuwaitlocal
2884 0
25 Jun, 2016, 02:05 PM
Wife sponsoring husband on dep...
Posted by: Kuwaitlocal
2485 0
05 May, 2016, 04:43 PM
Deported from kuwait want to c...
Posted by: Kuwaitlocal
2467 1
31 May, 2016, 06:36 PM
Visa for Pakistani wife
Posted by: Kuwaitlocal
2348 0
20 Jun, 2016, 01:19 PM
Civil ID Numbers
Posted by: Kuwaitlocal
2244 0
23 Apr, 2016, 04:33 PM
Visa for Bangladeshi
Posted by: Kuwaitlocal
2144 0
03 May, 2016, 08:04 PM