Post Your Topic
Transfer Of Residence Of Mother And Sister From Deceased Father To Son Category: Legal
Kuwaitlocal Kuwaitlocal

I wish to receive urgent advice from the Arab Times Legal Clinic on the following matter.

My father, who was working in Kuwait on an Article 18 visa, unfortunately passed away a couple of days ago. My mother and sister are under his sponsorship.

Now after the death of my father, how long will it be possible for both of them to stay legally in Kuwait. Will it be possible to transfer my mother and sister’s residency (Iqama) to my sponsorship. I am also working in Kuwait on an Article 18 residence as an accountant and already have my wife on my sponsorship. I have no children yet.

The transfer of my mother residency becomes even more critical as we are Muslims, my mother plans to observe the period of “Iddah” (mourning period ) in Kuwait only.

Name withheld

Answer: First of all, you have to approach the Director General of Immigration to allow your mother to stay in the country for the “Iddah” or mourning period (4 months and 10 days for Muslims).

We are confident the Director General will accept your request. Now talking about the dependent issue, that is a very tricky question because the Ministry of Interior, through the Immigration Department, decreed two years ago that such residencies would be only for the wives and children of expatriates and not any other relative, not even parents.

But having said that, we would still advise you to approach the Director General of Immigration with your request because such visas — although very few in number — are still being issued with the permission of senior Interior Ministry officials.

It is possible that you might get a sympathetic ear because your father has expired and your mother and sister are dependent on you. Moreover, they are already in Kuwait on a dependent residence. The most difficult, if not impossible, part will be getting the dependent visa for your sister.

Source - Arab Times
Note - All the answers were provided by Arab Times Legal Clinic.


Report 0 19 Apr, 2016, 08:56 PM
0 817
19 Apr, 2016, 08:56 PM
Posted Comments
Related Topics
Family Visa
Posted by: Kuwaitlocal
4392 0
28 Jun, 2016, 04:22 PM
Medical unfit
Posted by: Kuwaitlocal
4182 0
14 Jun, 2016, 06:40 PM
Calculation of annual leave sa...
Posted by: Kuwaitlocal
3334 0
11 May, 2016, 03:45 PM
Driving license renewal accoun...
Posted by: Kuwaitlocal
2926 0
07 May, 2016, 01:43 PM
Locally transferred from artic...
Posted by: Kuwaitlocal
2866 0
25 Jun, 2016, 02:05 PM
Wife sponsoring husband on dep...
Posted by: Kuwaitlocal
2469 0
05 May, 2016, 04:43 PM
Deported from kuwait want to c...
Posted by: Kuwaitlocal
2457 1
31 May, 2016, 06:36 PM
Visa for Pakistani wife
Posted by: Kuwaitlocal
2338 0
20 Jun, 2016, 01:19 PM
Civil ID Numbers
Posted by: Kuwaitlocal
2233 0
23 Apr, 2016, 04:33 PM
Visa for Bangladeshi
Posted by: Kuwaitlocal
2133 0
03 May, 2016, 08:04 PM