Can I bring My Son On Dependent Visa
Category: Legal

At the outset please accept my sincere good wishes and appreciation for the yeoman service being provided by you to needy and helpless persons. I need your kind guidance on the following matter:

I am employed in a Govt of India firm and came to Kuwait in September 2015 on a transfer from India. I got the Civil ID done for my wife (not employed). I have only one son, during that period my son was busy with his exams and couldn’t bring him.

Now his exams are over, and wish to get his residency done, as he can visit us frequently. He is aged 18 years, studying.

Various websites are indicating that boys can get residency up to 21 years. But my colleagues say it is only up to 18 years of age. But everywhere it is mentioned as 21 years.

Kindly let us know the actual rule and procedure, so that I can plan for the residency of my son.

Name withheld

Answer: There has been no change in the rules so far and you can still sponsor your son as a dependent until he reaches the age of 21, although — for no reason — sometimes some immigration officials reject applications of sons over 18.  But you should not face any difficulty in getting the dependent visa.

You should have the following documents at the time of applying for the residence at the Immigration Department in your area.

1. Passport copy of your son

2. Civil IDs of you and your wife

3. An affidavit, attested by your embassy and Kuwait’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Shuwaikh confirming your relation with the person for whom you want the visa.

4. Your flat rental contract

5. Your work permit (showing you earning a salary of at least KD 250) Just attach these to an application and apply for the visa

6. Birth certificate of your son (translated into Arabic and endorsed by your country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, your embassy in Kuwait and the Kuwait Foreign Ministry in Shuwaikh)



15 Jul, 2016 0 982
Posted Comments
Kuwait Local News
Kuwait Local News
Crime News New Rules Entertainment