Workers Must Get Permission To Travel Abroad With Sponsor
Category: Information

A Domestic worker, who wants to travel abroad with the sponsor need to take permission from authorities for his/her travel abroad with the sponsor. This facility is only available for Kuwaiti sponsors. 

Director General of Residency Affairs Major General Talal Maarafi said that the domestic helper must go personally to the department to obtain a form stating his/her wish to travel and work with the sponsor and his family abroad, in accordance with item 46 of the domestic help law 68/2015.

The law states that ‘the sponsor does not have the right to ask a domestic helper to work outside Kuwait, and if this happens without consent, the helper will be returned to his/her country at the expense of the employer’.

Citizens who want to travel abroad and take their domestic helpers with them for a period exceeding six months should go to the domestic help department at the interior ministry to get the helpers’ consent to travel and work outside Kuwait in order to receive a permission to stay over six months.



22 Nov, 2016 0 263
Posted Comments
Kuwait Local News
Kuwait Local News
Crime News New Rules Entertainment