Delivering Child In Kuwait - Husband On Visit Visa
Category: Visit Visa

I have 2 questions, one is regarding my delivery in Kuwait and also about sponsoring my child’s residence. I work with the Kuwait University (Ministry of Education) and earn a salary of KD 565. My husband does not have a valid residence in Kuwait. I am due for the delivery of my first child this month. My husband is currently with me in Kuwait on visit visa for 3 months duration.

Can I deliver here even if my husband does not have a valid residence? Secondly, since my husband does not have a valid residence here, can I sponsor my child’s residence? Would my husband have to sign a No-Objection in order for me to sponsor? I would appreciate it if you could inform me of the options that I have.


Name withheld

Answer: Yes, you can deliver your baby here in Kuwait but you have to arm yourself with an attested marriage certificate and documentation (exit, arrival in passports) for both you and your husband which will serve as proof that when you picked seed either your husband was here in Kuwait or you were with your husband in your home country or wherever.

On the issue of sponsoring your child’s residence, Kuwait law says that it is only the man who can sponsor the child. However, in rare cases a woman may be allowed to sponsor the child on compassionate grounds. To be able to do this you have to get an exemption which can only be granted by the Director- General of Immigration Department.


20 Mar, 2018 0 1000
Posted Comments
Kuwait Local News
Kuwait News
Crime News
Crime News
New Rules Entertainment