Duties and Responsibilities
1. Visits middle schools, high schools, and colleges, speaks to groups and individual students, and meets with school counselors and administrators to promote outreach activities within assigned territory and as required to assist other recruiters.
2. Manages and coordinates community workshops, retreats, and recruitment efforts; arranges visits and tours for prospective students and parents.
3. Serves independently as the point person for internal coordination of university student recruitment and enrollment management goals utilizing specific knowledge gained of admissions, registration criteria and financial aid and/or scholarship information and deadlines.
4. Coordinates and implements various recruitment programs and marketing strategies for territorial or local on-site admission programs and special events relating to targeted freshman, transfer, or under-represented groups in the fulfillment of recruitment efforts.
5. Provides career and academic counseling, planning, and advising to potential students utilizing specific knowledge gained of the university colleges, educational programs and degrees.
6. Serves independently as territorial manager to develop and maintain partnerships between the university and local school systems throughout the assigned territory.
7. Serves as the point person for oversight of territorial recruitment goals and promotional and public relations accountability.
8. Coordinates university participation of staff and alumni for national and local college recruitment fairs; coordinates event-specific organizational aspects, promotional materials and information from the university and its colleges, educational programs and degrees.
9. Organizes and implements all aspects of large, multi-departmental special events utilizing presentation and promotional materials, maintaining budgetary and operational controls, coordination skills with multiple entities and representing the university at local, statewide and national events.
10. Promotes and represents the university at public relations events, promotional opportunities, marketing campaigns, business and committee meetings, and press and publicity functions.
11. Trains and assists student recruiters in the process of advising students and families concerning admission requirements, financial aid and scholarships, alternative educational opportunities, and university policies and procedures.
12. Prepares reports and proposals, and responds to inquiries from students and minority agencies.
13. Participates in the development of operating goals and objectives for the unit; recommends, implements, and administers methods and procedures to enhance operations, as appropriate to the unit.
14. Creates, packages, monitors and distributes resource materials for student recruitment and retention programs; develops mentorship programs; analyzes trends in recruitment and retention programs; develops strategies for program evaluation.
15. Guides and oversees the work of lower graded staff and/or student employees when engaged in directly related support activities; may participate in employee training and evaluative sessions.
16. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.